With the passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, all eyes are on the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Will it be struck down by the Supreme Court in November?
This one is a nail-biter...(!)
As a refresher, some of the ACA protections (“patient’s bill of rights”) include:
- Young adult coverage until age 26
- Preventive care at no cost
- Removing lifetime limits on coverage
- Preexisting condition coverage
- Choice of healthcare provider
- Access to emergency services (out-of-network ER coverage)
- Non-discrimination based on gender, age, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
- The right to appeal carrier decisions
Also, these states and D.C. have ACA state individual mandates:
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island
- Washington D.C.