International Pronouns Day: October 20, 2021
HR for HR endorses International Pronouns Day, which seeks to make respecting, sharing, and educating about personal pronouns commonplace. Referring to people by the pronouns they determine for themselves is basic to human dignity. Being referred to by the wrong pronouns particularly affects transgender and gender-nonconforming people.
Together, we can transform society to celebrate people’s multiple, intersecting identities. We encourage workplaces, colleges, schools, and local organizations to hold educational and empowering events on International Pronouns Day.
- How to Talk About Pronouns at Work: A Visual Guide | Harvard Business Review
- Re-Framing Pride: LGBTQ+ HR Guide | Swarm Strategy & Work In Progress Consultants
- Transgender Training Institute (offers webinars on "Getting Comfortable with Pronouns" and "Non-Binary Basics")
- Gender Ambiguity in the Workplace | Lily Zheng
- Celebrate International Pronouns Day w/Inclusive 360 Author, Bernadette Smith | Rhodes Perry Consulting webinar on Oct. 20 at 11a PT | 2p ET